About this training
In this basic training, participants bring a microservice application into the cloud step by step by deploying it using the Kubernetes container orchestration platform. At the end, they will also deploy updates to the application without downtimes.
For the training, we provide all participants with a uniform training environment so that a smooth start into the Kubernetes world is possible without complicated preparation. As part of our onboarding process we provide you with a download for a Virtual Box VM to run locally.
Note: Since Kubernetes is based on containers, the training initially refreshes the most important aspects of Docker© technologies. However, a basic understanding of container technology is required. Apart from that, the training content is designed to be independent of the preferred programming language.
In the process, the following questions, among others, are answered
- How can I execute application updates without downtime?
- What exactly are Pods, Labels, Services, Deployments, Persistent Volumes and Stateful Sets?
- How can I make the most of Kubernetes' Building Blocks?
- My cluster is up and running. How do I use it?
- How do I get my applications into a "managed" Kubernetes cluster?
- Real k8s cloud environment for hands-on training on a production-like environment
- CKAD, CKA and CKS certified trainer
- Supported onboarding for online trainingsas well as detailed information material on the process, login and infrastructure for the training course
- Detailed training material including additional material for self-training
- Personal certificate of attendance
- Individual supervision of min. 5 to max. 12 participants by up to 2 trainers (depending on group size)
Additional services for in-person trainings
- Coordinated COVID-19 hygiene concept
- Provision of computers for the booked training
- Catering (drinks, snack, lunch) included in the price
You don't have to be a professional in cloud computing, software development, or Docker© to attend our trainings.
If you have a basic understanding of how to use a cloud environment, can work easily on the Linux CLI, and have experience building and using Docker© images, you are well qualified for our Kubernetes training courses.
For our online trainings all participants need ...
- a computer with Linux, preferably Ubuntu.
- administrator rights to set up a virtual training environment.
- a working memory with at least 16 GB RAM on their computer.
- a stable Internet connection.
- an updated browser, preferably Chrome.
- Virtual Box on their computer.
Course of the training days
- Refresher Docker© Technologies & Containers
- Kubernetes cluster basics
- Building Blocks of Kubernetes
- Using a Managed Kubernetes Cluster
- Access to Kubernetes via Command Line Interface (kubectl)
- Services, Service Discovery & Loadbalancing
- Zero Downtime Deployments
- Horizontal scaling / replication
- Storage (Persistent Volumes/Persistent Volume Claims)
- State (Stateful Sets)
- Advanced topics for daily work
We support you every step of the way – from advice to implementation:
Cloud Native Application Security
Additional day to deepen security aspects when using Kubernetes. Held as a follow-up to the booked training.
Additional trainer day
We answer your individual questions and deepen or expand topics.
You need individual support? We will assist you!
Certification voucher CKAD & CKA exam
Usable for taking CNCF exams - ask us for a discount.
Extended access to the training infrastructure
You will get access to the training infrastructure for in-depth practice beyond the training.
Video recording (only for online training)
Revisit the contents at your own pace with the recording of your training.
Make an inquiry