About this training
In this hands-on seminar, participants will learn the concepts and features of Apache Kafka.
After an introduction to the areas of application and the architecture, the following topics will be covered:
Configuration and administration, partitioning , clustering, publish/subscribe, compression, replication, security and performance tuning.
In the process, the following questions, among others, are answered
- What is Kafka and what use cases is it suitable for?
- What are topics, partitions, and offsets?
- How do brokers and topics interact?
- How are Topics replicated?
- What are Producers and Keys?
- What are Consumers, Consumer Offsets, and Consumer Groups?
- Is the Zookeeper service still needed?
- How does Kafka store data while preserving performance?
- How is the data cleaned up?
- How do I administer my Kafka cluster?
- How do I increase the performance of my cluster?
- How do I secure my cluster?
- What is the operational management for a cluster?
- How do I write and read data to and from Kafka?
You should have knowledge in the following areas:
- IT basics
- Basic knowledge of Java programming
- Basic knowledge of Big Data Engineering
For our online trainings all participants need ...
- a computer with Internet access.
- a stable Internet connection.
- an updated browser, preferably Chrome.
Course of the training days
- Kafka Introduction: Introduction, Producer, Consumer, Zookeeper
- Kafka Deepening: Cofiguration, Partitions, Segments, Log Cleanup
- Kafka Administration: cluster sizing, cofiguration, resilience, hands-on
- Kafka Performance: hardware, network, OS, miscellaneous
- Kafka Security: Authentication, Authorization, Encryption, ACLs
- Kafka monitoring and operations management: monitoring, metrics, broker handling, upgrade
- Producer and Consumer: producer, consumer, compatibility, real world
We reserve the right to change the trainer
Make an inquiry