About this training
In this basic training, participants will learn how to use Helm in the Kubernetes ecosystem and deploy existing Helm Charts.
Note: Since Helm is used as a package manager for Kubernetes, the training initially refreshes the most important aspects of Kubernetes©. However, a basic understanding of Kubernetes is required.
For the training, we provide all participants with a uniform training environment, so that a smooth start into the world of Helm packaging is possible without complicated preparation.
In the process, the following questions, among others, are answered
- What is Helm?
- What should you use Helm for?
- How is Helm different from other templating tools?
- What are the advantages of Helm?
- How to install and configure Helm?
- How to install and configure existing Helm Charts?
- What are challenges when upgrading Helm Charts?
- How can Helm Charts be used in the GitOps world?
- Real k8s cloud environment for hands-on training on a production-like environment
- Multiple certified trainer (KCNA, CKAD, CKA, CKS, Helm)
- Supervised onboarding for online training as well as detailed information material about the training process, login and infrastructure
- Detailed training material including additional material for selftraining
- Personal certificate of attendance
- Individual support for min. 4 to max. 12 participants
You don't need to be an expert in running cloud native applications or in Docker© to attend our training courses.
If you have a basic understanding of how to use Kubernetes and can easily work on the CLI, you bring good prerequisites for this Helm training.
Additionally, a general understanding of YAML file syntax is helpful, but not required.
For our online trainings all participants need
- a computer
- a stable Internet connection
- an updated browser, preferably Chrome
Course of the training
- Summary review of important Kubernetes resource types
- Introduction to Helm
- Using existing Helm Charts
- Management of installed Helm Charts
- Using Helm Charts in a GitOps environment
We support you every step of the way – from advice to implementation:
Additional trainer day
We answer your individual questions and deepen or expand topics.
You need individual support? We will assist you!
Extended access to the training infrastructure
You will get access to the training infrastructure for in-depth practice beyond the training.
Video recording (only for online training)
Revisit the contents at your own pace with the recording of your training.
We reserve the right to change the trainer
Make an inquiry