About this training
In this training, participants will learn all they need to know to develop their own Helm Charts. Participants should already be confident in using Helm on the command line. If this is not yet known, it is recommended to first attend the course "Deploying Applications using Helm".
Note: Since Helm is used as a package manager for Kubernetes, the training initially refreshes the most important aspects of Kubernetes©. However, a basic understanding of Kubernetes is required. Furthermore,
initial programming experience facilitates the entry into the development of Helm charts, but is not a mandatory requirement.
For the training, we provide a standard training environment for all participants, so that a smooth start into the world of Helm packaging is possible without complicated preparation.
In the process, the following questions, among others, are answered
- How can Helm Charts be developed, packaged, and published?
- How does the Helm syntax work in detail?
- What best practices exist for developing Helm Charts?
- How can documentation be created?
- How can Helm Charts be tested?
- How can you run your own chart repository?
- Real k8s cloud environment for hands-on training on a production-like environment
- Multiple certified trainer (KCNA, CKAD, CKA, CKS, Helm)
- Supervised onboarding for online training as well as detailed information material about the training process, login and infrastructure
- Detailed training material including additional material for selftraining
- Personal certificate of attendance
- Individual support for min. 4 to max. 12 participants
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Experience managing containers with Kubernetes
- General understanding of the YAML file syntax
- Experience in using existing Helm Charts (as after attending the "Deploying Applications using Helm" training).
For our online trainings all participants need
- a computer
- a stable Internet connection
- an updated browser, preferably Chrome
Course of the training days
- Brief refresher on the Helm architecture.
- Developing a Helm Chart
- Helm Templates
- Helm Dependencies
- Prepare a Helm Chart for publication
- Publish a Helm Chart
We support you every step of the way – from advice to implementation:
You need individual support? We will assist you!
Additional trainer day
We answer your individual questions and deepen or expand topics.
Extended access to the training infrastructure
You will get access to the training infrastructure for in-depth practice beyond the training.
Video recording (only for online training)
Revisit the contents at your own pace with the recording of your training.
We reserve the right to change the trainer
Make an inquiry